Saturday, June 25, 2011

I love unexpected money! :)

Today turned out to be an extremely good day.

I received a check in the mail from my previous employer for 2 weeks worth of vacation that I didn't take. :) After hours of run around, I was finally able to get it cashed.

Why wasn't I just able to breeze into my bank and cash it, you ask? Well, here's a short and unfunny story.

I was told I wouldn't receive my vacation pay by an upper salaried manager. I thought that was a little strange but I wasn't going to argue because I just wanted out. In return, I never expected anything. The check I received today was dated 11-10-2010. Hmm...

Apparently, they received my check (complete with a void after 90 days clause like most checks) and didn't mail it out to me until 06-24-2011. Oh yes, they waited almost 8 months to send me MY vacation pay that was due to ME. Grr...

So, after my bank wouldn't cash it and I couldn't get a hold of any *big corporation* personnel on the weekend, I decided to mosey my hiney into the store and ask for the check to be cashed.

Long story short here -- I had to threaten to ask my attorney if this was legal and also call corporate on Monday to see if holding checks are frowned upon and *like magic* I walked out with cash in my hand.

Since we had a large chunk of unexpected moolah, the family and I went out for dinner, made some kid-friendly purchases and enjoyed the rainy day.

It was a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment